- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⅓ cup milk
- 75 ml / 5 tbs olive oil (not extra virgin, yellow one)
- 300g frozen summer fruits such as blackberries, raspberries, red currants and black currants
- 2 tbs vanilla sugar
- 12-14 paper or silicon muffin cases
- muffin tray
- In a bowl mix all dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, caster and vanilla sugars.
- In another bowl combine milk, olive oil and egg. Then add to the bowl with dry ingredients. Stir in fruits, but leave 12-14 berries aside.
- Fill muffin tray with muffin cases, then fill each muffin case with the dough. Top each muffin with a berry.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180°C (356°F) for about 25-30 minutes till golden brown. You may need reduce temperature towards the end if muffins are getting too brown.
- Enjoy cooled down or still hot.
This recipe makes 12-14 muffins.