This is quick and easy dessert for the end of summer – with ice cream, ready made cake and warming up liquor.
- 400 g plain Madeira cake
- 10 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 10 pieces of dark chocolate / about 75 g (shaved)
- 10 tbs spoons of Grand Marnier or other fruity liquor (for alcohol-free / kids version use some fruit syrup)
- Share the cake into 5 serving bowls, tea cups or whatever you are using.
- Pour over some liquor or syrup.
- Top each with two scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Finish off sprinkling with some chocolate shavings.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Makes 5 servings.
This dessert works well with almond fingers, sponge cake or any plain leftover cake as well.
Other strong alcohols such as spiced rum or flavoured vodka can be used instead in similar manner, with cake and ice cream.