[recipe by Gosia & Marcin]
- 500 g tomatoes (cut into small wedges)
- 1 garlic head (cloves separated, peeled)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 huge red bell peppers
- 250 g halloumi cheese (sliced)
- fresh or dried thyme – optional
- black peppercorns
- large baking tray lined with non-stick Teflon sheet
- oven with grill
- Burn peppers over gas until each side is black.
- Place in container, cover with lid, let them steam for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rub of with your hands some burned skin, but not all.
- De-seed and cut into straps, leave aside.
- Drizzle tomatoes and garlic with olive oil, then arrange them on baking tray and grill until tomatoes and garlic start getting brown.
- Top them with previously roasted peppers, halloumi cheese, sprinkle with thyme and freshly ground pepper.
- Place back under the grill until cheese start turning golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 4 – 6 people as a side dish.
You can top any roasted vegetables with halloumi this way.
It works also well with mushrooms and pasta bakes.