This is quick and easy home-made egg noodles recipe with sprouting broccoli and grilled tofu which can be replaced or omitted all together if necessary.
- 500 g firm tofu (cubed)
- 6 tbs light soy sauce (3 tbs for grilling tofu and 3 tbs for stir frying veggies)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs sesame oil or olive oil
- 800 – 900 g mixed veggies (I used 600 g stir fry mix with carrot, sweet bell peppers, courgettes / zucchinis, corn, red onion, bean sprouts and 250 g purple sprouting broccoli)
- 4 nests of egg noodles (330 – 350 g)
- boiling water to cook noodles
- 1 – 2 tsp garlic granules of few garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp ginger root powder or some fresh ginger finely chopped
- 3 tbs sesame seeds
- Combine 2 tbs olive oil and 3 tbs soy sauce in a bowl, add cubed tofu and stir well.
- Place tofu on non-stick baking tray and grill / roast in the oven roast in the oven in 180°C (356°F) for about 20 minutes till starting to get brown.
- Prepare also noodles, place them in boiling water and cook for about 4 minutes or according to the packet instructions, drain and leave aside.
- In meantime toast sesame seeds on the bottom of wok till golden, remove from the wok, leave aside.
- In the same wok stir fry veggies with 3 tbs sesame or olive oil, 3 tbs of soy sauce, garlic and ginger.
- When veggies are witted, stir in noodles and toasted sesame seeds and stir fry few minutes longer.
- Serve to the plates, top with grilled tofu.
Serves 4 people.
Tofu can be replaced with fried and chopped egg… I often make it this way for my girls who are not fans of the first one.