Those are based on stripy crochet egg covers I made years ago, but are much easier and faster to make.
- crochet cotton thread (for 2 mm hook)
- thin satin ribbon
- hard boiled eggs or some polystyrene eggs in size of real egg
Please note that names of the stitches vary, this is UK pattern, click through for UK to US crochet stitches conversion chart.
stitches used: chain (ch), treble / triple crochet (tr), slip stitch (ss)
- Start with 5 – 6 ch, close the chain with ss to create a circle.
ROUND 1 (FOUNDATION ROUND)
- Work 3 ch as first tr and then work about 11 tr into the middle of the circle.
- Close the round with ss.
- Move to the second round, start with 3 ch as first tr and then work 1 tr into each stitch of the previous round, working extra tr into every third stitch, close with ss.
ROUND 3 +
- Again start with 3 ch as first tr and then work tr into each stitch of the previous row, do not add any more extra stitches.
- Continue like this until the case is long enough to cover the egg, finish with ss.
- Once the case is done thread the ribbon in between the stitches.
- Pull ends together, make a bow and voilà, the egg cover is ready (!)
Follow those links for more Easter and Spring ideas or Polish crafts & recipes.
More free crochet patterns.