This is very simple crochet pattern for Easter basket’s lining. It would also make great picnic basket lining.
a little bit of yarn
crochet hook (I used 4.00 mm one)
Please note that names of the stitches in UK & US vary, this is UK pattern, click through for crochet stitches conversion chart.
stitches used: treble / triple crochet (tr), chain (ch) & double crochet (dc)
- First make extra large granny square, big enough to cover the whole inside of your basket. Follow the link for tutorial on how to make this particular traditional granny square, you could use also different granny square pattern instead.
- Then make two strings on both sides of the basket. They will be connecting lining to the basket handle. To make the strings make sure you are in the middle of the granny square side, work 30 chains then turn and work 30 sc until the end of the row. And again start 30 ch and return with 30 sc. Do exactly the same on opposite side of the granny square to create another two strings.
- Work 1 row of 7 ch mesh around the whole square.
- Then work couple more rows of chain mesh only between stings, both on the front and back of the basket. I’ve done 3 rows of 7 ch mesh reducing amount of loops every time around, but it all depends on size of your basket.
- And voilà, your basket lining is ready.
I should post it ages ago but it is quite quick project, so maybe it is not too late yet for you to make your own. It took me two pre-recorded episodes of True Blood (skipping advertisements) to make the whole thing.