- 150 g unsalted butter
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1½ cup (150 g) coconut milk powder
- 1 cup soft dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 10)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- whipped cream, custard or ice cream (to serve)
- sprinkles (to serve) – optional
- 1 large or two smaller baking tins
- Teflon liners or baking paper
- Cream butter with sugar, add eggs, bananas, cinnamon, coconut milk powder, flour, orange juice and at the end walnuts.
- Transfer the dough to lined baking tin or two (if using smaller ones).
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes in 170°C (338°F).
- Serve cold topped with whipped cream or warm with custard or ice cream on the side.
Makes 12 – 15 servings.
Orange juice can be replaced with other juice that will go well with coconut and bananas, such as mango juice.
Walnuts can be replaced with pecans.