[inspired by Fanny of Food Beam and her grandmother’s recipe]
- 6 handfuls /300 – 350 g (about 2 and half cup) frozen summer fruits such as blackberries,
- raspberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants
- 1¼ cup plain flour
- ¾ cup golden caster sugar
- 1 – 2 pinches of salt
- 3 – 4 eggs
- ¼ bar / 60 – 65 g of unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup of milk
- icing sugar – optional
- Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Butter ramekin dishes with melted butter using pastry brush.
- In a large bowl combine flour, caster sugar and salt.
- Add eggs and milk gradually, whisking all the time, at the end stir in melted butter.
- Pour mixture into ramekin dishes, top each one with handful of frozen fruits, push them a little bit down and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes till golden on the top.
- Optionally sprinkle with icing sugar and serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 6 servings.
Summer fruits can be replaced with other fruits such as apples in this Apple & Cinnamon Clafoutis.
This is my entry for Hay Hay it’s Donna Day event hosted by Bron of an amazing Bron Marshall blog . Closing date for this event is 28th of April (today) so if you want to participate better hurry up! To prepare clafoutis it takes only about 40 minutes ;)