- 250g unsalted butter / 1 bar (softened)
- 2⅔ cups plain flour
- ½ cup golden caster or soft light brown sugar
- 2 tbs vanilla sugar
- few tbs vanilla sugar mixed with ground cinnamon, burnt orange & cinnamon sugar or caster sugar mixed with ground cinnamon
- cookie cutters
- non-stick baking trays or sheets
- Combine butter, flour, sugars and knead with your hands till dough is smooth and sticky.
- Divide it into 2-3 portions and place in the fridge for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Take out from the fridge one portion of the dough, cut into 5mm slices and cut out cookies.
- If dough is sticky, pass knife under the cookie with cutter before removing it.
- Deep top side of the cookies in cinnamon sugar, then place on baking tray lined with Teflon sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes till golden. Leave aside to cool down.
- Repeat the same with the rest of the dough.
This recipe makes about 60 cookies, 4 cm / 1,5 inches wide.