My daughters, especially the little one she loves to play doctor, nurse or vet sometimes and they were nagging me for ages to buy a doctor role play set.
When I looked at all those plasticity and useless tools they sell in the toy stores I decided to make our own doctor case… with real gadgets.
- re-purposed old sewing case with “doctor case” embossed using our good, old Dymo label maker
- real silicone nurse watch (£1.69)
- real stethoscope (£2.99)
- real pen torch with pupil gauge (£1.33)
- empty medicine boxes & eye drops bottles
- medicine pill organizer box (£1.29) filled with TicTacs
- real syringes – without needles (£1.96 / 10 pack)
- real pipettes (£0.98 / 10 pack)
- Doc McStuffin’s stamps – for the prescriptions (£1 at Poundland)
- name tag (re-purposed from some press event badge)
- granny pyjama top or shirt (not sure) in adult size 6 as a doctor gown (£1 at Primark)
All together did cost me less than £15 including the TicTacs and my girls can actually learn something: listen to the heart beat with the stethoscope, look inside the eyes with the pen torch or learn how to read the time on the nurse watch ;)
The kit turned out to be big hit for the half term holidays and rainy days.