This is one of the easiest and most delicious chicken recipes I remember from my childhood… with lots of prunes, apples and generous amount of fragrant marjoram.
- 1 ½ kg frozen chicken thighs (about 12)
- 4 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 2 chicken cubes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups of water or more
- 250 g prunes
- 4 medium apples (cut in 8 pieces)
- 3 medium onions (cut in 6 pieces)
- whole garlic (peeled)
- Place chicken in large pot, add 4 cups of water, seasonings and cubes.
- Cook covered till chicken gets soft.
- Add apples, prunes and garlic cloves.
- Stir from time to time but not too often.
- Add more water if needed.
- Cook for about an hour all together. Towards the end you may transfer chicken to the baking dish and brown a bit in the oven, it will be even more delicious.
Serves 5 – 6 people.
More Polish recipes.
More easy main dishes.
More prune chicken recipe ideas.