This is delicious yet super easy chicken recipe with apples, smoked prunes and onion.
- chicken pieces for 4 people
- 2 tbs grape seed oil
- 2 medium onions (cut into wedges)
- 2 medium apples (cored ad cut into wedges)
- handful of prunes, best smoked (about 120 g)
- 4 small (4 g each) vegetable Maggi cubes
- 2 cups of water or more
- Place chicken, oil and onions in a pot and fry for a while.
- Add water, cubes and cook covered till chicken almost ready.
- Reduce fire, add apples and prunes and cook still covered till apples are soft and almost falling apart.
- Add a little bit more water if needed.
- If there is too much water, remove cover towards the end.
Serves 4 people.
Serve with cooked pasta or potatoes.
More Polish recipes.
Another prune chicken recipe.
I have seen prunes being used in a few savoury dishes lately. The idea of it certainly sounds interesting. I will have to try it.
Very nice, prunes go so well with whie meat. I did rabbit with prunes a few weeks back, a huge success.
All the best
The combination of prunes with poultry sounds delicious. The whole meals sounds healthy. Did the kids eat this too?
I just stumbled upon your site today and LOVE your recipes. Thanks for sharing them,… I can’t wait to try out some!!
Hi Margot, First time here and what a great site you have :) I really like the sound of this combo of prunes, apples, chicken etc. I bet it is very delicious too :)
I am going to add your link to my blog to share with others your great site :D
looks healthy and delicious! this would be a great dinner party meal — it really looks great.
I like the addition of the prunes.
hhhhhhhmmmmm yum yum. I love prunes with meat. Lamb works just aswell.
Thank you for all wonderful comments… :)
Yes, Nora, kids loved this dish as well! Marissa loves all kinds of fruits… raw, baked, cooked…
Hello, Very nice recipes. All look delicious. Thanks for sharing them. Jana
This looks really interesting. The prunes would give this a very sweet flavor, which my husband especially would love.
I was very fantastic why i not see your blog before i will come back.