[inspired by “Paneer” recipe by Linda from With Knife and Fork]
Biały Ser (White Cheese), Hard Cottage Cheese, Curd Cheese or Paneer are all variations of the same cheese, the only difference is the origin.
Recently I found this article: “Making Paneer” by Linda on With Knife and Fork which reminded me of the cheese my mum used to make, exactly the same way, back in Poland when I was a child. I decided to try make it with my daughter… she was very excited and then ate the whole portion with lots of honey ;)
- 4 cups / 1000 ml fresh whole milk (we used extra fat one)
- 1 large lemon juice
- muslin cloth
- Bring milk to boil and stir in lemon juice stirring constantly.
- Turn of the fire and and continue stirring until let the curds are created.
- Leave aside for couple of minutes.
- Drain through muslin cloth over the strainer.
- Once cooled down, squeeze out excess of moisture, remove from cloth and place in the fridge until completely cold, the best over night.
- Serve with some soured cream and sugar or honey.
This recipe makes small orange size portion of cheese.
Couple of Polish ways to use white cheese:
This is Polish Twaróg (Soft White Cheese) that I found in Tesco’s, softer than the cheese I made but still delicious.