Spaghetti Squash with Garlic, Parsley and ParmesanPosted on: 9th Nov 2008
[inspired by The Kitchen Sink]
- 1 large or 2 small spaghetti squashes (about 1500g)
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 handfuls of freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 small bunch of spring onions (chopped)
- 1 whole garlic (peeled and sliced)
- sea salt to taste
- rainbow peppercorns
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
- a little bit of olive oil
- roasting tray
- metal ice cream scoop or sharp spoon
- large frying pan or wok
- silicone brush
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Cut each squash lengthwise in half, remove seeds using ice cream scoop or sharp spoon.
- Brush squashes with olive oil and place on baking tray open side up, bake for about 25 minutes or until soft.
- In meantime fry on butter chopped garlic and spring onions until garlic start getting golden brown.
- Turn of the fire and stir in parsley.
- When squashes are ready with the top of the fork take out insides of the squash from the skin, squash flesh should create spaghetti like strings.
- Place them in frying pan with garlic, stir well, season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve to the plates, sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
Serves 2-4 people as a side dish.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).