[adapted from recipe by Gosia & Marcin]
- 6 very ripe medium avocados (washed)
- ½ lemon juice
- 250 g peeled prawns or shrimps (I used cooked small prawns, but raw would be better)
- 400 g tin of mackerel in brine (tuna can be also used)
- few tbs of mayonnaise or cream cheese (I used cream cheese)
- handful of chopped chives or green part of spring onions plus some more for garnish – optional
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, some fresh chopped chilli or few dashes of hot sauce
- 1 tsp garlic granules or some fresh chopped garlic
- 2 – 3 tbs of unsalted butter
- sea salt to taste – optional
- mixing bowl
- non-stick frying pan
- Cut each avocado in half, discard seed and carefully scoop out inside into the bowl.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and mix well.
- Avocado skins place on the plate until you are ready to refill them.
- Add also mackerel (drained, large bones removed) or tuna to the bowl, mayonnaise or cream cheese, chives and mix well.
- Season with salt if necessary.
- In meantime fry shrimps or prawns on butter with garlic and chilli.
- If you are using shrimps or small prawns just mix them with avocado-fish mixture and refill avocado skins. If you are using large prawns share them to the avocado skins and then refill them with avocado-fish mixture.
- Place in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Serves 6 – 12 people (but rather 6, it is very hard to stop on 1 portion).
Save some of the shrimps / prawns and chives to use them for garnish.
Brown / haas avocados (second image) seem to have better/harder shells what makes them easier to empty and then refill with avocado-fish mixture.
More prawn recipe ideas: A while back I made prawns with pepper and cucumber in sweet chilli marinade and Michelle of Greedy Gourmet pan-fried prawns on butter with garlic and lemon.