- 400g cooked and peeled small prawns or shrimp
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs Sambal Oelek chilli sauce
- 1-1½ large lemon juice
- 1-1½ tbs caster sugar
- 3 pinches sea salt
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 2 sweet pointed red peppers (finely sliced)
- ¾-1 large English cucumber (cut into batons)
- Prepare marinade mixing lemon juice, chilli sauce, garlic puree, caster sugar and olive oil.
- Pour over prawns and put aside for a longer while.
- Then stir fry prawns in a wok till marinade will get thicker.
- Add peppers and fry 1 more minute, then add cucumber and fry 2 more minutes.
- Serve over coconut rice prepared from 2 cups of rice.
Serves 4 people.
More recipes calling for prawns: