for the custard cream
- 6 cups / 1½ litre of whole milk
- 125g / ½ bar of unsalted butter
- 1½ cup caster sugar
- 5 packets of vanilla sugar (5g each) or even better some home-made vanilla sugar
- 4-6 whole eggs (4 large, 6 if small)
- 4-6 egg yolks
- 8 tbs plain flour
- 8 tbs potato flour
for the base/layers
- 25 petit beurre biscuits (1 large packet)
- 50 salted crackers (2 large packets)
for the glaze
- half a bar of unsalted butter (125g)
- 3 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tbs golden caster sugar
- 1 tbs or a little bit more milk or water
- 1 large baking tray
- large piece of baking paper, to cover the bottom of the tray and the sides
- manual whisk
- large jug or bowl
- large pot to prepare cream
- silicone brush for the glaze
- Line the tray with baking paper and as many crackers as you can. I managed to fit 5 rows of 5, 25 all together on the bottom of the tray.
- To prepare the cream boil 4 cups of the milk with vanilla & caster sugars, coconut milk powder and butter.
- In a jug combine eggs, egg yolks, flour and left over 2 cups of milk whisking everything until well combined.
- Gradually fold in egg mixture into pot with milk, continue boiling and stirring with a whisk until cream is smooth and starting to get thick.
- Carefully transfer half of the cream onto the cracker base and spread evenly.
- Top with about 25 petit beurre biscuits.
- Cover everything with the rest of custard cream.
- Top again with crackers.
- To prepare the glaze combine in the pot sugar, butter, cocoa powder and milk and stir constantly.
- As soon as the glaze is all melted and smooth pour it over the crackers, use the bush to cover all the areas.
- Place ready cake in the fridge for couple of hours or even overnight.
- Slice with a knife following the lines in between the crackers.
Make about 25 small portions.
More no-bake cake recipes: