Polish Custard Cream Slice with Salted Crackers & Chocolate GlazePosted on: 25th Jan 2013
for the custard cream
- 6 cups / 1½ litre of whole milk
- 125g / ½ bar of unsalted butter
- 1½ cup caster sugar
- 5 packets of vanilla sugar (5g each) or even better some home-made vanilla sugar
- 4-6 whole eggs (4 large, 6 if small)
- 4-6 egg yolks
- 8 tbs plain flour
- 8 tbs potato flour
for the base/layers
- 25 petit beurre biscuits (1 large packet)
- 50 salted crackers (2 large packets)
for the glaze
- half a bar of unsalted butter (125g)
- 3 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tbs golden caster sugar
- 1 tbs or a little bit more milk or water
- 1 large baking tray
- large piece of baking paper, to cover the bottom of the tray and the sides
- manual whisk
- large jug or bowl
- large pot to prepare cream
- silicone brush for the glaze
- Line the tray with baking paper and as many crackers as you can. I managed to fit 5 rows of 5, 25 all together on the bottom of the tray.
- To prepare the cream boil 4 cups of the milk with vanilla & caster sugars, coconut milk powder and butter.
- In a jug combine eggs, egg yolks, flour and left over 2 cups of milk whisking everything until well combined.
- Gradually fold in egg mixture into pot with milk, continue boiling and stirring with a whisk until cream is smooth and starting to get thick.
- Carefully transfer half of the cream onto the cracker base and spread evenly.
- Top with about 25 petit beurre biscuits.
- Cover everything with the rest of custard cream.
- Top again with crackers.
- To prepare the glaze combine in the pot sugar, butter, cocoa powder and milk and stir constantly.
- As soon as the glaze is all melted and smooth pour it over the crackers, use the bush to cover all the areas.
- Place ready cake in the fridge for couple of hours or even overnight.
- Slice with a knife following the lines in between the crackers.
Make about 25 small portions.
More no-bake cake recipes:
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design, SEO & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).