Crochet Doll’s Dress PatternPosted on: 4th Feb 2012
- about 30 g of colourful yarn
- two buttons
- piece of thread
- crochet hook – I used 3.00 mm one
- needle to sew on the buttons
stitches used: chain (ch), slip stitch (sl) & single crochet (sc)
Start with a ch, long enough to go around doll’s chest. Make sure the chain is not twisted and connect it with a sl.
ROUND 1 (FOUNDATION ROUND)
Work sc until the end of the round, then continue with sc for about 7 more rounds.
- Start a mesh pattern: work 5 ch, skip 1 stitch in the foundation, make sc into the next chain, repeat until the end of the round.
- In the next round make 5 ch, skip 3 stitches in the foundation, make sc into the middle of the mesh chain, repeat until the end of the round.
- Repeat this mesh pattern for as many rounds as required to make the dress long enough. I made 12 mesh rounds.
- Sew on two buttons on the front of the dress.
- In the same position as the buttons, but on the back of the dress, add the straps. Make each of them 3-5 sc wide, turn and repeat until the straps are long enough to go across the doll’s back to the front where the buttons are.
- Finish each strap with a chain loop for the buttons.
This is my first attempt to write down crochet pattern so please forgive me and don’t hesitate to correct me if there are any mistakes.
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).