- about 30 g of colourful yarn
- two buttons
- piece of thread
- crochet hook – I used 3.00 mm one
- needle to sew on the buttons
stitches used: chain (ch), slip stitch (sl) & single crochet (sc)
Start with a ch, long enough to go around doll’s chest. Make sure the chain is not twisted and connect it with a sl.
ROUND 1 (FOUNDATION ROUND)
Work sc until the end of the round, then continue with sc for about 7 more rounds.
- Start a mesh pattern: work 5 ch, skip 1 stitch in the foundation, make sc into the next chain, repeat until the end of the round.
- In the next round make 5 ch, skip 3 stitches in the foundation, make sc into the middle of the mesh chain, repeat until the end of the round.
- Repeat this mesh pattern for as many rounds as required to make the dress long enough. I made 12 mesh rounds.
- Sew on two buttons on the front of the dress.
- In the same position as the buttons, but on the back of the dress, add the straps. Make each of them 3-5 sc wide, turn and repeat until the straps are long enough to go across the doll’s back to the front where the buttons are.
- Finish each strap with a chain loop for the buttons.
This is my first attempt to write down crochet pattern so please forgive me and don’t hesitate to correct me if there are any mistakes.