Chinese Five Spice & Coconut Fish CurryPosted on: 13th Feb 2011
- 3 shallots or 1 onion (chopped finely)
- 3 tbs oil (I used rice oil)
- 500-600g fresh or frozen white fish fillets
- 3 cups of boiling water
- 100g (half bar) creamed coconut
- 1 tbs five spice seasoning
- 1 tsp curcuma / turmeric (for colour)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- sea salt – to taste
- 1 red bell pepper (cubed)
- 4 spring onions (chopped)
- 1 x 400g tin of pineapple (drained and cubed) – optional
- 1 x 200g tin of water chestnuts (drained, quartered)
- Fry onions on oil until browned, add fish, water, coconut, five spice, chilli flakes and curcuma and cook covered until fish is cooked, soft and falling apart. You can even break it even more with a spoon.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Add pepper, spring onions, pineapple and water chestnuts and cook only a while longer, until peppers are witted.
- Serve curry over previously cooked egg noodles or rice with some prawn crackers, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce on the side.
Serve 4 people.
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through 416 Studios' RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look...
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).