[inspired by Mexican Three Bean Wrap from M&S]
Those are very healthy, vegetarian, low in calories wraps that taste delicious as well. They are perfect for summer parties, lunch boxes and picnics.
- 450 g sweet potatoes – about 2 (peeled and cubed)
- 450 g tomatoes (cubed)
- 2 tbs Carotino oil
- handful or two of freshly chopped coriander
- 420 g tin of red kidney beans (drained)
- 410 g tin of black eye beans (drained)
- chilli sauce to taste
- zest of half unwaxed lemon or lime
- 200 g mild cheese (grated)
- small leek (cut lengthwise, washed and chopped)
- 8 – 10 lettuce leaves
- 8 – 10 large tortilla wraps
- 300 g cream cheese with chives
- sea salt to taste
- Combine cubed potatoes with oil and roast in the oven preheated to 180°C (356°F) until soft.
- In meantime mix tomatoes with coriander, beans, chilli sauce, lemon zest, mild cheese and leek.
- Add also roasted sweet potatoes and season with salt to taste.
- Spread cream cheese on tortilla wrap, top it with lettuce leave and portion of potato-bean mixture and wrap.
- Repeat the same with the rest of the tortillas, cut each wrap in half lengthwise and serve.
Makes 8 – 10 wraps.
Instead of 1 tin of red kidney beans and 1 tin of black eye beans you can use 2 tins of three bean salad.