- 300 g fresh cranberries
- juice from 1 large or two small oranges
- a bit of zest from unwaxed orange
- 7 tbs or to taste golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup boiling water
- lemon zester
- small saucepan
- hand blender
- In a small saucepan place water, cranberries, orange juice and bring to boil.
- Reduce fire, add also sugar, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cook until all cranberries burst.
- Remove from fire, blend using hand blender until smooth, add orange zest and cook on reduced fire for another 10 – 15 minutes until sauce is thicker and bubbling.
- Pour to the jars, close immediately.
- After cooling down place them in the fridge and keep for up to couple of weeks.
Makes about 600 ml of sauce.
Spiced cranberry sauce is perfect for Christmas turkey or with crackers and cheese.