- 1 large – 2 small aubergines / egg plants (coarsely cubed)
- 1 large – 2 small courgettes / zucchinis (coarsely cubed)
- 1 large – 2 small bell peppers (coarsely cubed) I used red & yellow
- 1 large – 2 small onions (cut into wedges)
- 1 tbs olive oil for roasting
- 3 tbs red pesto
- 2 tbs thick cream / soured cream
- sea salt – to taste
- some freshly chopped basil for garnish – optional
- large roasting tray
- mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Roast veggies drizzled with olive oil for about 30 minutes or a little bit longer.
- Remove from the tray, stir in pesto and cream, season with salt to taste.
- Optionally sprinkle with some freshly chopped basil.
Serve 4-6 people as a side dish.
Other ingredients such as green beans, cherry tomatoes or mushrooms will also work well in this recipe.