Pasta, rice and couscous salads with mayonnaise are rather popular in Poland and often are prepared not only for dinner or lunch but also as a party food staple.
- 2 cups (uncooked) easy cook rice
- 4 cups of cold water to cook the rice
- 400g tin of sweet corn (drained)
- 400g tin of red kidney beans (drained) – optional
- 8 quite large sour cucumbers in brine (drained and diced)
- sweet red pointed pepper (chopped)
- 3 x 200g tins of tuna in brine (drained)
- 6 tbs mayonnaise
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- sea salt to taste
- about 1 tbs herbal pepper or freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place rice and cold water in pot with lid, cook covered until ready. Then uncover and let the rice cool down.
- In meantime prepare all other ingredients.
- In a salad bowl combine everything. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or cooled down.
Makes about 4 large servings.
Similar salad can be made with couscous instead of rice.
Some of the mayonnaise can be replaced with soured cream.
More Polish recipes.