This salad is based on classic Waldorf Salad recipe.
Bitter-sweet salad, just like LOVE, perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- 500 g piece of celeriac root
- 500 g raw beetroots (about 2 of them)
- ½ cup / handful of raisins
- ½ cup / handful of walnuts
- fine sea salt – to taste
- black peppercorns – to taste
- mayonnaise – to taste
- Rehydrate raisins by putting them in a cup of boiling water.
- Place couple of spoonfuls of mayonnaise in a large mixing bowl.
- Peel and grate celeriac root and beetroots, stir into the bowl immediately mixing with mayonnaise, otherwise it the celeriac will turn brown.
- Chop the walnuts, add to the salad.
- Drain the raisins and also fold into the salad.
- Season to taste with salt, freshly cracked pepper and more mayonnaise if required.
- Cool down in the fridge for couple of hours or even overnight.
- Enjoy with a slice of crunchy buttered bread as a snack or with meats as a side dish.
Serves 6 people.
My husband does not like celeriac or beetroot so he was very sceptical when I started making this salad… now he can’t stop eating it (!) Myself, I love beetroot and celeriac, but not raisins, this salad is probably the only way for me to eat and actually enjoy them.