- small 500 g papaya (peeled, de-seeded, cubed)
- 1 litre natural mango and apple juice
- Vege-Gel or gelatin – according to the packet instructions (I used 2 x 12 g sachets of Vege-Gel)
- Wash, peel, de-seed and cube the papaya fruit.
- Share the cubes into the jelly moulds or containers.
- If using Vege-Gel, dissolve it in cold juice, then heat but not not boil, pour over the fruits.
- If using gelatin, heat the juice but do not boil, remove from fire, dissolve gelatine in it, pour over the fruits.
- Leave in cold place to settle.
- Keep refrigerated.
Make half of the amount from the recipe if your child is not big jelly eater like my girl… because papaya is raw and it can’t stay in the fridge for too many days.
If you are planning to use those jellies for lunchboxes I recommend using twice more gelatin, 4 x 12g sachets, they will be able to last longer without the fridge not melting.
If you can’t find papaya try different juice flavours and different fruits.
Have in mind that Vege-Gel won’t be as clear as regular gelatin would be.