I made those pancakes for my older daughter who is not feeling well today and needed some cheering up.
for the pancakes
- 1½ cups self raising flour or ½ cups plain flour + ½ tbs baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup oil (I used hazelnut oil)
- 2 eggs
for the topping
- fruity syrup – I used natural concentrated raspberry juice
- non-stick frying pan
- spatula to turn the pancakes
- recycled squeezable bottle, for instance from ice cream sauce
- small mixing bowl
- In a bowl mix all ingredients for pancakes and whisk until smooth.
- Using funnel pour the pancake mixture into squeezable bottle.
- Squeeze it out onto hot non-stick frying pan creating shapes.
- Flip them with spatula and fry on both sides.
- Serve topped with some fruity syrup, we love it with Polish raspberry syrup from Łowicz.
Makes enough pancake doodles for 2-4 kids, depending how big and how hungry they are.
Just to be on a safe side brush frying pan with little bit of oil before starting to fry, just this one time.
Cut off flap from the squeezable bottle cover, it will be easier to create shapes without it.
More images coming soon… this time around they disappeared so fast I did not get a chance to take more photos.
More kid’s food ideas: