for the pancakes/ crepes
- 3 cups self raising flour or 3 cups plain flour + 1 tbs baking powder
- 4 cups milk or a little bit more if pancake mixture is too thick
- 4 eggs
for Green Lentil and Soy Mince filling
- 75g dry soy mince
- 1 vegetable cube
- hot water
- Cayenne pepper
- 250g green lentils
- ½ tbs mild curry powder or to taste
- ½ tbs garlic granules or to taste
- Vegeta or salt to taste
- 25g or a little bit more unsalted butter
- some more unsalted butter to re-fry crepes
- sweet chilli sauce or tomato sauce to serve
- Mix all ingredients for pancakes, pour 125 ml / ½ cup pancake mixture on hot non-stick frying pan and swirl the pan until pancake mixture cover the whole bottom evenly, fry them without any oil or butter.
- In meantime cook lentils in water until soft and falling apart. Remove any excess water if necessary. Stir in butter and leave aside.
- In a mixing bowl place soy mince with vegetable cube and gradually add hot water stirring constantly until mince is re-hydrated.
- Add to the bowl as well cooked lentils, curry powder, garlic, Vegeta or salt to taste and Cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Place filling inside pancake, add some cheese and wrap. Continue the same with all pancakes.
- Re-fry on butter before serving.
Serves 5-6 people (about 15 medium pancakes).
Optionally you can brush frying pan with a little bit of oil to prevent sticking or replace ½ cup of milk with oil, I used grapeseed oil (it will prevent pancakes from sticking when your frying pan is not so new).
“Krokiety” means in Polish: filled pancakes / crepes and they are usually folded the way shown on the picture.