- onion shells (I used two handfuls of red and white onions shells)
- white vinegar
- raw eggs (washed)
- fabric lace (I noticed that elastic polyester lace works much better than cotton one)
needle & thread
- Wrap raw eggs into pieces of lace, secure sewing it with thread as tightly as possible.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan together with the dye and water, boil for as long as needed to achieve required shade (about 30 minutes).
- Add about 1 tbs vinegar to cup of cold water, dip each egg in it for a while to stop colour from running.
Other natural dyes such as beetroot peels, turmeric, walnut shells etc. can be used instead of onions.