[adaptation of Chocolate & Hazelnut Ladoo recipe from “Devnaa: Indian-Inspired Desserts” by Roopa Rawal]
- 200 g tin of condensed (sweetened) milk
- about 2 tbs of milk or water
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 100g / a bit less than 1½ cups of powdered milk
- 100 g bar of milk chocolate (chopped)
- chopped roasted hazelnuts, flaked roasted almonds or some dessicated coconut – for rolling
- mini paper muffin / chocolate cases
- In a saucepan combine condensed milk, milk/water and cocoa powder and heat over low fire stirring constantly.
- Add also powdered milk and continue stirring until the dough have smooth texture and is thick enough to roll.
- In meantime melt the chocolate bar in a microwave or over a pot of boiling water.
- Once the dough mixture has cooled down a bit take about 1 tsp of it and roll to form a ball.
- Deep each ball in melted chocolate and then roll in chopped nuts or shredded coconut and place inside the paper case.
- Once all truffles are ready place them in a fridge for a while before serving.
Makes about 35 small truffles.