- 1 medium apple – about 100g (peeled & chopped)
- few tbs of boiling water
- 1 tbs instant plain baby rice flakes (stage 1, from 4 months)
- 1 tsp baby’s usual milk powder
- mini food masher or fork
- Cook or steam apples until they are soft and there is almost no more water left.
- Transfer apples to the bowl, add baby rice flakes and milk powder and mash until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 1 portion.
My daughter Ella who is 6 months old now loves prepared this way apples, much more than plain mashed ones which can have too much flavour.
This recipe works well with other fruits, such as pears or mangos, as well.
In this recipe I used Annabel Karmel masher and bowl.