- 6 cups of boiling water
- handful of dried wild mushrooms (crushed)
- 3 mushroom or vegetable cubes – optional
- 1 large onion (diced)
- olive oil
- 3-4 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tbs Caribbean herbs (or some marjoram and oregano)
- 3 cups of rice (I used broken basmati)
- Maggi sauce – optional
- sea salt
- mixed leaves with shredded carrot or beetroot – to serve
- Place crushed mushrooms and the cubes (if used) in a jug with boiling water and leave aside for about an hour.
- In a large pot fry onions on oil, stir in also chicken breast and fry some more, until browned.
- Stir in smoked paprika, herbs and rice, pour over water with mushrooms.
- Reduce fire and cover the pot, cook until rice is ready.
- Season to taste with salt, Maggi sauce and some butter.
- Serve on a bed of leaves.
Serves 4 – 6 people.