Avocado is a fruit, just like tomato, however it hasn’t crossed my mind to try it in a fruit salad, until recently… It turned out to taste great with some sweet and sour brown sugar and lime salad dressing I made, family loved it, especially that I served it with Brazilian BBQ chicken but it would go well with other baked meats and poultry or generally spicy dishes.
- lettuce head (washed, drained, torn)
- 1 large ripe mango (peeled, cubed)
- 1 large or two smaller ripe avocados (peeled and sliced or cubed as well)
- juice of 1 lime with bits
- about 3 tbs or to taste of soft dark brown sugar
- In a salad bowl combine ingredients for the dressing dissolving sugar in lime juice.
- First add avocado and toss it in the dressing to prevent from browning.
- Add also mango and lettuce.
- Mix and share to the serving bowls.
Makes 4 – 5 generous portions.
I served it with Oven Baked Brazilian BBQ Chicken and Coconut Rice.
If you area looking for more salads with mango or avocado take a look at this Thai-style Turkey Salad from Supergolden Bakes, Avocado & Strawberry Salad with A Balsamic Reduction from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary, Kale, Mango and Avocado Salad from Nadia’s Healthy Kitchen, Courgette and Chickpea Pancakes with Mango and Cucumber Chutney from Tin & Thyme or Mango & Papaya Salad from The Foodie Couple Blog.