[inspired by Ilva of Lucullian Delights]
- 4 handfuls (about 500 g) small strawberries or bigger ones quartered (hulled)
- 8 large basil leaves (chopped finely)
- 2 tbs clear honey (I used mixed blossom honey)
- 1½ tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 small bowls (I used ramekin dishes)
- In a small bowl prepare dressing: combine honey, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and basil.
- Share strawberries to the bowls / ramekin dishes.
- Drizzle them with the dressing and enjoy.
Make 4 small or 2 bigger servings.
This is delicious, salad perfect for romantic dinners and other special occasions.
If you don’t have basil on hand you can use fresh mint instead.