- 500 g minced turkey
- 6 thick slices of soft white bread (half a pack of toaster bread)
- 1 cup of water or milk
- 1 cup chopped parsley – ½ bunch
- 2 eggs
- 1 large onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tbs dry chopped garlic or some fresh one
- 2 tsp sea salt
- generous amount of freshly ground black pepper
- about ½ cup fine bread crumbs + some more (about ⅓ cup) for rolling
- 1 tbs oil for frying onion and 5-6 tbs oil for brushing (I used grape seed oil)
- 2 baking trays lined with baking paper or non-stick Teflon sheets
- silicone brush
- 100 ml spoon
- mixing bowl
- Place bread and water in a mixing bowl and let the bread get soft.
- In meantime fry onion on a little bit of oil until golden.
- Then combine all ingredients except oil and bread crumbs. If the mixture is too wet add about ½ cup of bread crumbs and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Using 100 ml spoon take portion of turkey mixture into your hands, roll it in extra breadcrumbs, shape on your palm and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 50 – 60 minutes, half way brush burgers with oil, turn on another side, brush again and place back in the oven.
- Serve with boiled baby potatoes topped with butter & dill and juicy salad on a side or inside bread with some salad and sauce.
Make 12 large / palm size burgers (allow 1 – 2 per serving).
Smaller burgers will need a little less than 50 – 60 minutes to be ready.
Taste good with sweet chilli sauce.
If you are packing lunches save some of the mixture to make turkey meatballs or smaller burgers for lunchboxes.