leftover dough from making Tuna Pies or:
- 3 cups of plain flour
- ¼ cup oil (I used grapeseed oil)
- ½ tbs instant dried yeast
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp fine sugar (I used golden caster sugar)
- about 200ml lukewarm water / a little bit less than 1 cup
- baking tray
- couple of muffin cases – optional
- wooden skewer to test the dough
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in lukewarm water and leave in a quiet warm place for about 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour and salt, then add yeast mixture and oil and work the dough until well combined.
- Divide pastry into about 10 pieces and create little teddy face out of each, use drops of water to stick ears and nose.
- With a skewer mark the eyes, make the holes deep and wide and they will shrink when the dough will rise.
- Place the buns directly on the baking tray on in muffin cases and let them rest for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Bake for about 25 minutes, check with the skewer one or two if the dough inside is baked properly.
- Once the buns are baked and golden remove them from the oven.
- Serve with some butter.
Make about 10 small buns.
Make the ears a little longer and they will be perfect for Easter or you could always make Easter Bunny Buns instead.
More cute bread rolls:
Teddy Bear Bread Rolls by Astral from The Extraordinary Art of Cake
Cute Turtle Breads by Kirbie from Kirbie’s Cravings
Dinner Roll Doves by Rhodes Bread
Cactus Bread / Pão Cacto by Moira from Tertúlia de Sabores