Yeast Teddy Bear BunsPosted on: 4th Mar 2012
leftover dough from making Tuna Pies or:
- 3 cups of plain flour
- ¼ cup oil (I used grapeseed oil)
- ½ tbs instant dried yeast
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp fine sugar (I used golden caster sugar)
- about 200ml lukewarm water / a little bit less than 1 cup
- baking tray
- couple of muffin cases – optional
- wooden skewer to test the dough
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in lukewarm water and leave in a quiet warm place for about 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour and salt, then add yeast mixture and oil and work the dough until well combined.
- Divide pastry into about 10 pieces and create little teddy face out of each, use drops of water to stick ears and nose.
- With a skewer mark the eyes, make the holes deep and wide and they will shrink when the dough will rise.
- Place the buns directly on the baking tray on in muffin cases and let them rest for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Bake for about 25 minutes, check with the skewer one or two if the dough inside is baked properly.
- Once the buns are baked and golden remove them from the oven.
- Serve with some butter.
Make about 10 small buns.
Make the ears a little longer and they will be perfect for Easter or you could always make Easter Bunny Buns instead.
More cute bread rolls:
Teddy Bear Bread Rolls by Astral from The Extraordinary Art of Cake
Cute Turtle Breads by Kirbie from Kirbie’s Cravings
Dinner Roll Doves by Rhodes Bread
Cactus Bread / Pão Cacto by Moira from Tertúlia de Sabores
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through 416 Studios' RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look...
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).