Sandwich Ideas for Husband’s LunchPosted on: 1st Feb 2010
This time I’m posting lunch/lunchbox ideas not for kids but for big men. Below my husband’s and my favourites, either while working at home or for his lunchbox when he has to work on location.
Bread of your choice (crunchy wholemeal) plus…
- scrambled eggs on butter, with yellow pepper and fresh or frozen dill, topped with homemade coconut & pepper sauce & hot pickled peppers (pictured above)
- cream cheese, turkey ham, avocado, leaves with shredded beetroot or leaves plus some sweet red pepper, cracked rainbow or black pepper
- mayo, blue cheese, watercress
- cream cheese, onion chutney, leaves, grated carrot or grated beetroot
- mature cheddar, mayo, leaves, leek, sweet red pepper, cracked pepper
- brie, cranberry sauce, cracked black pepper
- ham, mayo or butter, pickled pink ginger (geri) for sushi, salad leaves
- butter, cheddar cheese, onion chutney, salad leaves
- brie cheese, basil leaves, mixed lettuce & shredded beetroot or some bell pepper, sweet chilli sauce
- ham, avocado, coconut sauce or butter, lettuce or/and bell peppers, pickled hot chilli pepper, cracked pepper or sweet chilli sauce
- butter, mature Cheddar cheese, avocado, lettuce, cracked pepper, homemade coconut & pepper sauce
- homemade tuna, dill & sweet corn sandwich filler
- spicy Mexican cheese, butter, thinly sliced celery stalks
- mayo or mayo mixed with soured cream or yogurt, ginger paste, mild cheese, lettuce
- brie cheese, sliced cucumber, cracked rainbow or black pepper
- butter, roasted chicken ham, wasabi or horseradish sauce
- herbed cream cheese, rocket leaves or dill, smoked salmon or some homemade gravlax
- feta cheese, sundried tomatoes, fresh basil leaves
- fresh mozzarella cheese, green pesto, black olives
- Camembert cheese, cherry tomatoes, cracked black or rainbow pepper
- mascarpone cheese, fresh basil leaves, tomato pickle/chutney
- unsalted butter, roasted chicken ham, lettuce and cranberry sauce
Tortilla wraps plus…
- smoked chicken, avocado, salsa fresco
- roasted sweet potato & beans
- plain hummus, cheese, ham or smoked tofu slices, sweet red pointed pepper, pickled cucumber, black olives, grated carrot, leaves (taste especially good with seeded tortilla wrap)
I will be updating this post with new additions to our lunch menu.
And what is your favourite sandwich?
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).