[adapted from “Smoothies!” by Stella Murphy]
- 1.5 kg piece of watermelon (peeled, bigger seeds removed, cut into chunks)
- juice of 3 limes
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs (leaves only)
- 2 tsp fine white sugar – optional
- some more rosemary or watermelon for garnish
- ice cubes to serve
- Blend watermelon, rosemary leaves and lime juice, add sugar if necessary.
- Serve to the glasses over ice, garnish and serve.
Make 4 servings (250 ml each).
For children you might want to skip the rosemary, that have quite distinctive flavour…
Or you can make for them strawberry and mint lemonade instead.