Moroccan Style Hummus with Caramelized Onions and Roasted PeppersPosted on: 24th Feb 2011
- 1-2 red/orange bell peppers (cubed)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 400g tin of chick peas / garbanzo beans (drained)
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tbs ground cummin
- ½ tbs garlic powder
- pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs freshly chopped coriander (or parsley)
- ½ tsp turmeric / curcuma for colour – optional
- 3 tbs (extra virgin) olive oil or other good oil such as Carotino or grapeseed oil
- sea salt to taste
- few tbs of boiled water (or more oil)
- hand blender / food processor
- Place cubed peppers on baking tray and bake in the oven preheated to 200°C (392°F) until browned, leave aside.
- In meantime caramelize onions on butter.
- Then blend all ingredients together, except salt, adding a little bit of boiled water or more oil if the consistence is too thick.
- Finally season to taste with salt and serve chilled with some fresh crunchy bread or on the top of crumpets.
Make 1 cup of hummus.
Taste good also with pasta.
More Moroccan style recipes:
Jeanne of Cook Sister made spicy Moroccan chicken tagine for both starfish and corpse sleepers ;)
She made as well Moroccan roasted vegetables with couscous…
and Moroccan lamb shank tagine with Ras el Hanout and apricots.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).