Moroccan Style Hummus with Caramelized Onions and Roasted PeppersPosted on: 24th Feb 2011
- 1-2 red/orange bell peppers (cubed)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 400g tin of chick peas / garbanzo beans (drained)
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tbs ground cummin
- ½ tbs garlic powder
- pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs freshly chopped coriander (or parsley)
- ½ tsp turmeric / curcuma for colour – optional
- 3 tbs (extra virgin) olive oil or other good oil such as Carotino or grapeseed oil
- sea salt to taste
- few tbs of boiled water (or more oil)
- hand blender / food processor
- Place cubed peppers on baking tray and bake in the oven preheated to 200°C (392°F) until browned, leave aside.
- In meantime caramelize onions on butter.
- Then blend all ingredients together, except salt, adding a little bit of boiled water or more oil if the consistence is too thick.
- Finally season to taste with salt and serve chilled with some fresh crunchy bread or on the top of crumpets.
Make 1 cup of hummus.
Taste good also with pasta.
More Moroccan style recipes:
Jeanne of Cook Sister made spicy Moroccan chicken tagine for both starfish and corpse sleepers ;)
She made as well Moroccan roasted vegetables with couscous…
and Moroccan lamb shank tagine with Ras el Hanout and apricots.
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through 416 Studios' RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look, favourite those you like the most or suggest new images to be added... Any feedback will be greatly appreciated (!)
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).