Leftover Turkey & Leek CalzonePosted on: 28th Dec 2012
for the dough
- 1 kg strong white bread flour
- 200 g coarse semolina flour
- 15g / about 1½ tbs instant dry yeast
- 1 tbs golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 650 ml lukewarm water
- 6 tbs olive oil
- some more oil and flour to grease the tins
for the filling
- 6 handfuls of chopped leftover turkey or any other cooked meat
- 500g jar of tomato sauce
- 1 whole large leek (washed and chopped)
- leftover Christmas herbs such as rosemary and sage (chopped)
- 500g of grated cheese (we used mature Cheddar)
- rolling pin
- 6 sandwich trays
- large mixing bowl
- Mix all ingredients for the dough and knead until well combined and not sticking to hands any longer.
- Leave covered with a kitchen towel in warm place to grow for about an hour.
- In meantime prepare the filling.
- Share the dough into 6 pieces.
- Roll out each portion and place on greased and sprinkled with flour sandwich trays letting the dough cover the edges of the tins.
- Brush each calzone with tomato sauce, top with turkey, leek, herbs and plenty of cheese.
- Fold the dough in half sticking the edges together.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 175°C (350°F) until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Make 6 quite large portions.
More leftover roast recipes:
Jeanne transformed leftover roast lamb into lamb Stroganoff.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through our RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look, favourite those you like the most or suggest new images to be added... Any feedback will be greatly appreciated (!)
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).