Halloween Spider Cookies (Vanilla Cutout Cookies)Posted on: 31st Oct 2007
[cookie dough recipe originally by Julia of A Slice of Cherry Pie]
- 200g unsalted butter
- 1 cup golden caster sugar (about 200g)
- 2 large eggs
- 3½-4 cups plain flour (about 500g)
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- ½ dark chocolate bar (melted)
- 35 Galaxy Minstrels or other chocolate candies
- 70 silver mini icing balls or other small icing strands
- round cookie cutters
- Cream eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla extract together.
- Stir in flour and create a ball from the dough.
- Leave it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Then preheat oven to 180°C (356°F).
- Take out part of the dough from the fridge and roll it out on lightly floured surface to about ½ cm thick.
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutter or glass and place on baking trays lined with Teflon sheet or baking paper.
- Repeat the same with the rest of the dough.
- Bake cookies for about 15 minutes. Let them cool down before decorating with chocolate.
- Melt chocolate in microwave, deep some stick in it and draw spider on the cookie, stick in Minstrel as a body and silver icing balls as spider eyes. Repeat the same with the rest of cookies.
This recipe make about 32-35 cookies 6½ cm (2½ inches) wide.
If it is too soft make ball from it again and place in the fridge for a while.
Instead of making spider design on cookies you can melt more chocolate and using pastry brush cover the whole cookies in chocolate and then sprinkle over icing strands. You can also mix icing sugar with some hot water to create icing, then add food colouring and use it to draw Halloween shapes on cookies.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through our RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look, favourite those you like the most or suggest new images to be added... Any feedback will be greatly appreciated (!)
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).