Baked Cream Cheese Pancakes in Orange SaucePosted on: 19th Feb 2012
for the pancakes
- 3 cups self raising flour or 3 cups plain flour + 1 tbs baking powder
- 3½ cups milk or a little bit more if pancake mixture is too thick
- ½ cup oil (I used hazelnut oil)
- 4 eggs
for the cream cheese filling
- 500g plain cream cheese
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks
- 400g tin / 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 3-4 tbs icing sugar
- zest of 2 oranges
for the orange sauce
- juice of 2 oranges
- 25g unsalted butter
- 3 more oranges to serve (sliced, peel cut off)
non-stick frying pan
spatula to turn the pancake
large and small mixing bowl
deeper baking tray or dish
small pot to make sauce
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients for pancakes, pour 125 ml / ½ cup pancake mixture on hot non-stick frying pan and swirl the pan until pancake mixture cover the whole bottom evenly, fry them on both sides without any extra oil. Continue until all pancakes are done.
- In meantime prepare feeling combining in a small mixing bowl cream cheese, lemon juice and sugar. Leave aside.
- Combine also evaporated milk with sugar.
- Once all pancakes are ready top each with a little bit of filling and spread evenly, roll pancake and place all of them in the baking dish.
- Pour over evaporated milk and sprinkle with orange zest.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 180°C (356°F) for about 15 minutes.
- In the last moment prepare the sauce: squeeze the juice out of 2 previously “zested” oranges, reduce liquid in a small pot together with butter until it has right consistence.
- When pancakes are baked share them to the plates and drizzle with some orange sauce.
- Serve with some fresh sliced oranges.
Makes about 15 pancakes, allow 2-3 per serving.
Just to be on a safe side brush frying pan with little bit of oil before starting to fry, just this one time.
With thanks to Jeanne from Cooksister for Morrisons pancake making utensils, I’m still using them (!)
More pancake ideas:
Pancakes with Cinnamon & Sugar by Michelle from Greedy Gourmet
Mexican Chocolate & Hazelnut Crepe Stack by Jeanne from Cooksister
Apple, Cinnamon & Chocolate Toffee Pancakes by David Hall
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through 416 Studios' RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look...
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).