Blueberry & Chocolate Crumb Cheesecake – Sernik Czekoladowy z JagodamiPosted on: 30th Aug 2009
for the blueberry cheese layer
- 900g cream cheese (full fat)
- 6 medium eggs + 2 egg whites (yolks will be used for crumb layer)
- 1½ cup icing sugar
- 4 tbs potato flour (or other starch)
- 1 tbs vanilla extract or even better vanilla sugar
- 400g fresh blueberries (washed, hulled, dried)
for the chocolate crumb layer
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg yolks (egg whites will be used for cheese layer)
- 1 cup golden caster sugar
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- 150g unsalted butter – a little bit more than half a bar (chopped and softened)
- + some more butter to butter the tin
- two 9” (22,8 cm) round non stick cake tins or 1 large square/rectangular brownie tin
- Place all ingredients for chocolate crumbs in a bowl and mix with your hands until well combined and have crumb texture.
- Spread ⅔ of the dough crumbs on the bottom of buttered tin/tins, even and press them slightly down.
- In another bowl combine all ingredients for cheese layer, except egg whites – beat them and add at the end and blueberries.
- Carefully pour cheese mixture over dough crumbs in the tin, add blueberries, then top with the rest of the crumbs and bake in the oven preheated to 180°C (356°F) for about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- When you are half way with baking you can reduce temperature to 150°C (302°F).
- Use wooden skewer to check if cheese did set properly before removing from the oven.
- Once cheesecake is baked, leave it to cool down completely, cover in the tin with cling film and place in the fridge for couple hours or even overnight.
- Serve cold.
Make 16-24 servings.
You may also try “Strawberry Crumb Cheesecake” I made recently using the same cheese layer and crumbs without cocoa powder.
Or “Sernik Czekoladowy z Kruszonką – Polish Chocolate Crumb Cheesecake” on which this cake was based.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through our RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look, favourite those you like the most or suggest new images to be added... Any feedback will be greatly appreciated (!)
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).