Oven Baked Turkey Burgers / Pieczone Kotlety Mielone z IndykaPosted on: 22nd Apr 2010
- 500g minced turkey
- 6 thick slices of soft white bread (half a pack of toaster bread)
- 1 cup of water or milk
- 1 cup chopped parsley – ½ bunch
- 2 eggs
- 1 large onion (chopped finely)
- 1 tbs dry chopped garlic or some fresh one
- 2 tsp sea salt
- generous amount of freshly ground black pepper
- about ½ cup fine bread crumbs + some more (about ⅓ cup) for rolling
- 1 tbs oil for frying onion and 5-6 tbs oil for brushing (I used grape seed oil)
- 2 baking trays lined with baking paper or non-stick Teflon sheets
- silicone brush
- 100ml spoon
- mixing bowl
- Place bread and water in a mixing bowl and let the bread get soft.
- In meantime fry onion on a little bit of oil until golden.
- Then combine all ingredients except oil and bread crumbs. If the mixture is too wet add about ½ cup of bread crumbs and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F).
- Using 100ml spoon take portion of turkey mixture into your hands, roll it in extra breadcrumbs, shape on your palm and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes, half way brush burgers with oil, turn on another side, brush again and place back in the oven.
- Serve with boiled baby potatoes topped with butter & dill and juicy salad on a side or inside bread with some salad and sauce.
Make 12 large (palm size) burgers – allow 2 per serving for dinner.
Smaller burgers will need a little less than 50-60 minutes to be ready.
Taste good with sweet chilli sauce.
If you are packing lunches save some of the mixture to make turkey meatballs or smaller burgers for lunchboxes.
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through 416 Studios' RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look...
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).