- 1200g chicken wings (cut in 3) or other chicken pieces for 4 people
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 onions (cut into slim wedges or coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup of fresh coriander leaves (stems discarded)
- 1 tbs smoked paprika powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp garlic granules or couple of garlic cloves (sliced)
- ½ cup chopped coriander for garnish – optional
- oven proof dish – I used rectangular 23×27cm, 4 l Pyrex
- Place all ingredients, except coriander for garnish, in baking dish.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 200°C (392°F) for about 50 minutes or until very soft and browned.
- Stir 2-3 times in meantime.
- When ready share to the plates with some egg pasta or rice on a side, optionally sprinkle with chopped coriander.
Serves 4 people.
More BBQ recipes:
Simple but delicious sticky BBQ chicken from Greedy Gourmet