Arroz con Leche / Rice Pudding with StrawberriesPosted on: 29th Mar 2008
[based on Arroz con leche, Cuban-style by Bren of FlaNboyant Eats]
- 1⅓ cup plain rice
- 2⅔ cups water
- 410g tin (almost 2 cups) unsweetened evaporated milk (I used Nestle Carnation)
- 397g tin (about 1½ cups) sweetened condensed milk (I used Nestle Carnation)
- 1 cinnamon stick (to be removed later)
- 3 pinches salt
- ½ -1 unwaxed lime peel (peel in one piece, not zest, to be removed later), can be also replaced with lemon, orange peel or
- 4-5 whole cardamom pods (crushed slightly with a side of knife blade)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon to sprinkle
- fresh strawberries or other not too sweet fruits to serve on a side (I used 400g strawberries) – optional
- Place rice and water in a large saucepan and bring to boil, add salt, cinnamon stick and lime peel.
- Reduce fire and cook covered till rice is soft.
- Stir in condensed and evaporated milks, vanilla extract and cook till begins to thicken.
- Pour into small bowls, sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Serve warm or cold, optionally with fresh strawberries or other fruits on a side.
Makes 6 servings (230 ml each).
More pudding recipe ideas:
Michelle has mouthwatering recipe for baked rice pudding topped with nutmeg (!)
Jeanne made yummy looking South African Jan Ellis pudding.
© ALL TEXT & IMAGES FROM THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT OF COPYRIGHTS. PLEASE, CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS TERMS & PRICING BEFORE REPOSTING ANY MATERIAL. UNAUTHORIZED USE OR REMOVAL OF OWNERSHIP INFORMATION FROM THE IMAGES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Margot DOLEWSKA DYER is Brighton based blogger dedicated to crafts, recipes, reviews, food styling and photography. She is also behind 416 Studios specializing in web design & photo retouching. You can connect with her via Google+.
Many of Coffee & Vanilla's photos are now available to purchase through 416 Studios' RedBubble store. Please, come inside to take a look...
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).