Arroz con Leche / Rice Pudding with StrawberriesPosted on: 29th Mar 2008
[based on Arroz con leche, Cuban-style by Bren of FlaNboyant Eats]
- 1⅓ cup plain rice
- 2⅔ cups water
- 410g tin (almost 2 cups) unsweetened evaporated milk (I used Nestle Carnation)
- 397g tin (about 1½ cups) sweetened condensed milk (I used Nestle Carnation)
- 1 cinnamon stick (to be removed later)
- 3 pinches salt
- ½ -1 unwaxed lime peel (peel in one piece, not zest, to be removed later), can be also replaced with lemon, orange peel or
- 4-5 whole cardamom pods (crushed slightly with a side of knife blade)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon to sprinkle
- fresh strawberries or other not too sweet fruits to serve on a side (I used 400g strawberries) – optional
- Place rice and water in a large saucepan and bring to boil, add salt, cinnamon stick and lime peel.
- Reduce fire and cook covered till rice is soft.
- Stir in condensed and evaporated milks, vanilla extract and cook till begins to thicken.
- Pour into small bowls, sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Serve warm or cold, optionally with fresh strawberries or other fruits on a side.
Makes 6 servings (230 ml each).
More pudding recipe ideas:
Michelle has mouthwatering recipe for baked rice pudding topped with nutmeg (!)
Jeanne made yummy looking South African Jan Ellis pudding.
Leave a Reply
This site support Gravatars (globally recognized avatar images visible next to your comments).