- 750g frozen white fish fillets
- 3 vegetable cubes (10g each)
- 3-4 carrots (sliced)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 25g unsalted butter
- 2 leeks
- about 2 tbs fresh / frozen dill
- black peppercorns
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 3-4 tbs crème fraîche or double cream
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbs flour
- 1½ kg potatoes to cook separately
- In a large pot (with lid) fry onions on butter, add carrots and fry some more.
- Separately, cook potatoes for the mash.
- In meantime dissolve cubes in 1½ cups of water to make some stock.
- Ad fish, garlic powder and stock to the pot with onions and carrots.
- Sizzle over medium fire, adding leeks towards the end of cooking.
- ½ cup of cold water mix with flour and constantly stirring add it to the stew.
- Cook stirring occasionally until fish is all fallen apart, carrots ready and leek wilted.
- Remove from fire, stir in crème fraîche, season with freshly cracked pepper and dill.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
Make 6 portions.