- 600g your favourite tortellini (I went for sundried tomato filling)
- 2 onions (peeled, cut into wedges)
- 1 garlic head (cloves separated, peeled)
- 2-3 red bell peppers (roasted, cubed)
- 3 tbs olive oil + some more to taste
- sea salt
- black or rainbow peppercorns
- two handfuls cherry tomatoes (halved)
- mixed salad leaves – optionally
- container with lid, plastic bag or bowl and a plate
- gas cooker
- large pot to cook tortellini
- baking tray to roast onions and garlic
- Cook tortellini in a large pot full of salted, boiling water, for couple of minutes, drain, return to the pot, stir in 2 tbs olive oil and leave aside.
- In meantime in the oven preheated to 200°C (392°F) roast onions, garlic and optionally cherry tomatoes (or leave them raw) sprinkled with 1 tbs of olive oil, until start to get brown but are still crunchy.
- Burn peppers over gas until each side is black. Place in container, cover with lid, let them steam for about 10-15 minutes. Rub of with your hands some burned skin, but not all. Deseed, cube, add to the pot with drained tortellini.
- Add also roasted onions and garlic, cherry tomatoes, salad leaves and season to taste with salt, freshly cracked pepper and some more olive oil.
- Serve immediately.
Make 4 servings.