- 500g chicken breast (diced)
- 500g pasta
- a little bit of butter or oil to fry onions
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 3-4 spring onions (chopped)
- 150-200g of salad leaves – I used bistro leaf mix with shredded beetroot pieces (bigger leaves shredded)
- 400g tin of chick peas (drained)
- 1 tbs or more tandoori masala seasoning powder
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- pinch or two of Cayenne pepper – optional
- sea salt – to taste
- In a large salad bowl combine about 4-5 tbs of olive oil with 1 tbs or a bit more of tandoori masala powder, optionally add also Cayenne pepper.
- Cook pasta, drain, add to the salad bowl with mixture of olive oil & tandoori masala seasoning, stir and leave aside.
- On a frying pan fry onions on butter until golden.
- Add chicken and fry some more, cover the frying pan and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through and there is no more liquid.
- Fold in spring onions and fry only few seconds longer.
- Combine chicken mixture with pasta.
- Add also the rest of ingredients: bell pepper, chick peas and salad leaves at the end, when the pasta and chicken are not so hot any more.
- Mix well, season to taste with salt if necessary.
- Share to the plates and enjoy.
Serve 4-6 people.