Sernik Truskawkowy z Kruszonką (Strawberry Cookie Crumb Cheesecake) is one of my favourite Polish baked cheesecake recipes, which I’m not preparing often enough, using cream cheese, strawberries and cookie crumbs.
for the strawberry cheese layer
- 900 g cream cheese (full fat)
- 6 medium eggs + 2 egg whites (yolks will be used for crumb layer)
- 1½ cup icing sugar
- 5 tbs potato flour (or other starch)
- 1 tbs vanilla extract or even better vanilla sugar
- 800 g strawberries (hulled and sliced) + few more for garnish – optional
for the cookie crumb layer
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg yolks (egg whites will be used for cheese layer)
- 1 cup golden caster sugar
- 150 g unsalted butter – a little bit more than half a bar (chopped and softened)
- + some more butter to grease the tin
two 9” (22,8 cm) round non stick cake tins or 1 large square/rectangular brownie tin
- Place all ingredients for crumb layer in a bowl and mix with your hands until well combined and have crumb texture.
- Spread ⅔ of the dough crumbs on the bottom of buttered tin/tins, even and press them slightly down.
- In another bowl combine all ingredients for cheese layer, except egg whites – beat them and add at the end.
- Carefully pour cheese mixture over dough crumbs in the tin, arrange strawberries on the cheese, top with the rest of the crumbs and bake in the oven preheated to 180°C (356°F) for about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- When you are half way with baking you can reduce temperature to 150°C (302°F).
- Use wooden skewer to check if cheese did set properly before removing from the oven.
- Once cheesecake is baked, leave it to cool down completely, cover in the tin with cling film and place in the fridge for couple hours or even overnight.
- Optionally garnish with some fresh strawberries.
- Serve cold.
Makes 16 – 24 servings.
You may also want to check out similar Sernik Czekoladowy z Kruszonką – Polish Chocolate Crumb Cheesecake I made recently or Blueberry & Chocolate Crumb Cheesecake which is also delicious.