This is one of our favourite ways to prepare couscous, with fresh veggies and some herbs, turning any season into Spring.
- 500 g couscous
- 1 tbs Vegeta or other vegetable stock granules
- 3 tbs Carotino or olive oil
- boiling water for couscous
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ – 1 English cucumber (cubed finely)
- 1 large or two smaller bell peppers (cubed finely)
- 500 g tomatoes (cubed)
- bunch of spring onions (chopped, green parts only) or chives
- 1 small red onion (chopped finely)
- wok or large, deep frying pan or wide pot
- When all vegetables are chopped place couscous, herbs, Vegeta and oil in a wok and heat stirring constantly until hot.
- Add gradually hot water and stir until couscous is soft but not too sticky.
- Remove from fire, stir in vegetables, season to taste with freshly cracked pepper and salt and share to the plates.
Serves 6 people.
Spring couscous can be served warm or cold as a side dish or salad.
Dried herbs can be replaces with some fresh basil and parsley.
Cucumber and tomatoes can be replaced with other seasonal veggies.